The Job Dice’s Privacy Statement
The Job Dice endeavours to ensure that the information that you submit to us remains private, and that it is used only for the purposes described below. We aim to provide a safe and secure experience for all of our users. We make every effort to comply with our obligations under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Additionally, we understand the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of your CV and other information stored about you while using the site.
Information collected and retained by us
In addition to collecting information about you when you use our website, we may also obtain information about you from our business partners, other third parties and publicly available information.
The types of information we may obtain include:
Your Personal Information, if you choose to provide it or if we obtain it in the manner described above. Please note that you are not required to provide us with any Personal Information in order to perform job searches or to read the content portions of the website.
- Username and password for the account you may establish on our website.
- Payment details (including payment card number, security code, expiration date, cardholder name and billing address) if you purchase products or services on our website.
- Your demographic information (such as ZIP or postal code, occupation, education, experience, age, gender and race or ethnicity). We collect this information either through the registration process, from your resume or in the manner described above.
- Job search behavior and preferences and a record of the searches that you make on our website. We do this in order to present you with recommendations based on your interests as expressed previously through your activities on our website.
- Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties.
- Register, manage and maintain your account on the website.
- Provide products or services you request.
- Process, validate and deliver your purchases (including processing payment card transactions and contacting you about your orders via email or telephone).
- Maintain a record of the jobs you view or apply to on our website.
- Inform you of relevant job postings that may be of interest to you.
- Provide administrative notices or communications applicable to your use of the websites.
- Contact you and deliver information to you that, in some cases, are targeted to your interests (such as relevant services, educational or other career development opportunities); enable you to communicate with us through our blogs, social networks and other interactive media; and solicit your feedback and input. These communications will contain links for preference management and, where appropriate, unsubscribe links, should you decide you do not want to receive further communications.
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services we offer.
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies (including identification of when emails we have sent to you have been received and read).
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, industry standards and our policies.
What We Share
You may access, update and amend Personal Information included in your online account at any time by logging into your account and making the necessary changes. You may access, review and update (including changing or deleting parts of your account information) the information in your account at any time. However, if you wish to delete the entirety of the information you have provided to us, you must first access and close your account by going here. Upon successful closure of your account, you may create a new account with your updated Personal Information.
Safety of Personal Data
We have taken appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your information from misuse, unauthorized or unlawful access or disclosure, loss, alteration, damage or destruction. These measures include:
Physical safeguards that include storing data in areas with controlled access.
Technology safeguards that include using anti-virus and endpoint protection software encryption, and monitoring of our systems and data centers to ensure that they comply with our security policies.
Organizational safeguards that include training and awareness programs on security and privacy, to make sure our employees and contractors understand the importance and means by which they must protect your information. Our organizational privacy policies and standards also guide our handling of your information.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites that are owned or operated by other companies. If you choose to visit any linked websites, we encourage you to review their privacy statements carefully, as they may differ from ours.
Our websites may also link to co-branded websites that are maintained by The Job Dice and one or more of our business partners, who are collecting your Personal Information pursuant to their own privacy practices. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on any co-branded site to which you link for information on the privacy practices of that site.
Please note that no electronic transmission of information can be entirely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard Personal Information will never be defeated or fail, or that those measures will always be sufficient or effective. Therefore, although we are committed to protecting your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your Personal Information will always remain private. As a user of the website, you understand and agree that you assume all responsibility and risk for your use of the website and the internet generally, the documents you post or access and for your conduct on and off the website.
To further protect yourself, you should safeguard your The Job Dice account username and password and not share that information with anyone. You should also sign off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit to our website. Please note that we will never ask for your The Job Dice account username or password via email. Should you forget your password, we will send you a password reset email that will direct you to a password reset webpage on our website.